Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Laughing at civic duties!


This week I have the responsibility to report for jury duty. On Monday I spent the entire day in the Jury holding room looking out the window observing.

Things I'm learning while waiting in the jury hold tank:

1. If a man walking to the courthouse is bald, he has a woman with him with over-dyed hair. (I think most of the women were going for blond, but there's various shades of orange, yellow, and sometimes even Ronald McDonald red.)

2. The ratio of teeth, in either gender, to foot-height of a raised truck/bronco is equal to or less than. (ie. Four feet of clearance equals four or less teeth per mouth.)

3. If a bald man is walking to the courthouse without a female companion he has a face tattoo. (Usually it's a Chinese character which I hope means "idiot" rather than "dragon-of-the-night" as advertised in the tattoo parlor.)

4. The smaller a man is the bigger the spoiler on his car. (I saw a Mustang with a double spoiler! You heard me a DOUBLE SPOILER. Yes the man was tiny.)

5. The bigger a woman's hindquarters are, the louder the animal print leotards she's wearing. (Today's animals? Zebra, leopard, and what I can only describe as giraffe.)

6. "We'll be ready to go in a few minutes," actually means the wait will be a matter of hours. (Thank goodness I brought my tablet and thank goodness for my window seat!)

At least I'll get to do lunch soon.

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete