Friday, January 6, 2012

Crass and irreverent!



What a Nice Guy by Phil Torcivia

I admit reading some of the articles in this book were laughable and that all of them were meant to be taken with a grain of salt. That being said I had a very hard time completing this book. It was like trying to watch Dane Cook perform. Yes, a few laughs at the beginning and then you become distracted by the bizarre prancing, and wild-eyed looks punctuated with angry hand-on-hip stances.

I understand that this brand of humor has its place in society, and I applaud the author for finding a way to vent his frustration legally. It’s strange to me that women are entertained by this material. I would have thought that men would have been the bigger audience.

I rated this work three stars because while the writing was crass, it was intelligible, well put together, and I managed to think of an audience who could benefit from reading it.

I would recommend this book for those that are thoroughly disenchanted with dating and above a certain age. It would be a great addition to a divorce gift basket along with crushed candy hearts, cut up pictures, and a note written in a drunken stupor. 
Phil Torcivia

No comments:

Post a Comment