Sunday, January 22, 2012

I forgot lunch!




What would you do if your best friend was threatened with death if you didn’t meet her abuser at midnight? This is a decision Lily must face along with her friends Shelia and Marco. Lily is successful photographer and shares ownership of a gallery with Shelia her no-nonsense attorney friend. On the night of Lily’s gallery debut of gritty realist photos, a slice of unwanted reality threatens to tear her world apart.

I echo the cry of most readers just when a story feels like it’s just beginning, then it ends. I wanted to know more! What happened to the characters? Are there going to be repercussions for the action they took? Thankfully, the author has written a second novella to give me more of what I’m craving. Love and Wrath II: Confessions. I can’t wait to dig in!

If you can handle the disturbing world of domestic abuse, then I would highly recommend this book. There’s a freshness in the detailed descriptions that surround the characters. It’s almost as if you’re looking through the lens of Lily’s camera with the vivid words of the author. I was so involved with reading that I forgot about my lunch in the microwave. I invite you to lose yourself with me.

G.E. Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Christine, for this wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete