Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Billy the Kid delights our ears!


Who, in your opinion, is the best musician?

Billy the Kid
What are three elements are essential to a great music performance?
Comedy, proficiency and amazing songs.

Who is responsible for propelling you down the musician path?
I would say a combination of the punk rock community and the music I grew up listening to such as Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Babes In Toyland and L7.

Aside from natural musical talent why do you want to be a musician?
I have to be. If I wasn’t writing music I would be some sort of writer. Songs go in my head and I do not know why. I am drawn to it. Inexplicably.

What's the best piece you've ever written?
I believe I have yet to write it but I try every day.

Where can people see you in a live performance?
I’ve been playing a lot around the East Coast of America but I always return home to Canada, especially my hometown of Vancouver.

Are your family/friends supportive of your art?
Insanely supportive. I would say my dad is my biggest fan.

How would you describe your style of music?
Music and Media
Music of the folk. Or downer female fronted acoustic music.

Do you feel the “real you” is on stage or off stage?
You will likely see moments both on and offstage. I prefer to remain a dodecahedron in the personality department.

Is your music based on life experience?
Or my perception of other people’s experience.

Is there a message you want to get across to your audience?
You can do anything you want and be anything you want to be. You just have to try.

In such a competitive field how do you make yourself stand out?
I don’t’ consider myself overly successful or standing out all that much and I would prefer to remain that way. There are definitely ways to do this if you are so inclined though. I remember wardrobe having something to do with it.

Is there an upcoming performance you would like to promote?
I’m playing about once a month in Richmond Virginia then touring down to Florida to play with the Lemonheads in February. More East Coast America then a Canada tour in May.

How can your fans get ahold of your material?
It is very easy to find. You can download my album at http://www.billythekidonline.com or just google Billy the Kid.

Do you have any advice or encouragement for Newbies in music?
Don’t give up. Stay true to yourself. Don’t knock clichés because there is sometimes some truth to them.

Tongue in cheek questions

If you had to go shopping at Midnight who would you take?
Joe from billy + joe.

How long can you hold your breath?
2 minutes.

What was the best gift you’ve ever GIVEN someone?
Forgiveness.

Do you go through an awkward stage growing up?
I am still constantly awkward and still not yet grown.

Were you bullied or the bully?
A bit of both if I recall correctly.

When you’re sitting there staring off into space what are you thinking about?
Making up a song.





No comments:

Post a Comment